We are seeking a Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse for our outpatient behavioral health programs. Hours for this position are negotiable (from part-time to full-time).
We are also seeking a Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse for Children and Adolescents in our Preferred Center for Children and Families located in Brick, NJ. This is a full time position with benefits. The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse shall be responsible for the provision of psychiatric care for clients aged 5 to 18 years.
The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse shall be responsible for the provision of psychiatric care to clients aged 18 and up. Opportunities also exist within the agency to work with children/youth and adults with substance use disorders.
There is an opportunity for a Psychiatric APN to provide Psychiatry evaluation and diagnostic testing under the supervision of a collaborative physician.
• perform psychiatric assessments
• Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse will prescribe medications
• maintain records in our electronic health record
• Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse collaborates with other providers and family members
• complete outside forms as necessary
• demonstrate clinical facility in psychotropic medication use, side effects, and indications for psychiatric intervention, in children, adolescents (if a child prescriber) and adults.
• Master of Science in Nursing
• Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as either a Clinical Specialist in Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or a Clinical Specialist in Child/Adolescent Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or a Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatric /Mental Health Nursing.
• Must possess a current NJ License to practice
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time