Preferred Behavioral Health Group is one of the largest non-profit agencies in Monmouth and Ocean Counties that provides behavioral health treatment and services encompassing mental health, substance use and addiction programs. Serving the local community for 40 years, Preferred Behavioral Health Group has evolved to meet the needs of children, teens, adults, families, and corporations; with a multitude of programs supporting individuals from 4 years old to 104 years old.
We are seeking a Program Counselor for our partial care program in Lakewood.
- preparation of food
- delivery of food to consumers
- provide timely documentation into consumers’ clinical records
- demonstrate understanding about the impact of mental illness and/or substance abuse and involve the support network and family of the person served in the plan of care
- seek appropriate consultation with program specialist or designee when persons served exhibit danger to self or others
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic groups and activities, which involve psycho-education, medication education, nutrition, group counseling, behavior management, community meetings, coping skills, pre-vocational skills, social skills, daily living skills, leisure activities, and alcohol/drug education, support groups
- actively seek supervision to discuss pertinent clinical issues and intervention strategies to foster consistency for the persons served to progress
- must maintain required CPR, Handle with Care and First Aid certification
BA in related field OR Associate Degree plus 2 years of experience in providing human services OR 5 years human service experience.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org