We are seeking a Medical Records Clerk to work full time in our Brick, NJ location.
- Assembles and maintains medical records according to established procedures.
- Sorts and files paperwork in consumers’ records.
- Retrieves, tracks, and re-files records both internally and with outside storage vendor.
- Handles fax, phone calls and voice mails appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Prepares record data for discharges upon closing of chart
- Scans consumer documentation into electronic health record.
- Follows agency policies and procedures regarding sending/receiving medical records.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries and patience when dealing with persons served and staff
- Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with subpoenas, HIPAA, HITECH, and electronic health records. Familiar with Carelogic a plus.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in medical records, health care office work, or related field.
- Minimum Degree – High School/GED; Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or similar certification a plus
Years of experience: 1
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org