Our Billing Department in Toms River is in need of a Billing Specialist. This is a full time position which includes a full benefit package.
The Billing Specialist undertakes a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues. Responsible for collecting, posting, and managing account payments, submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
- Prepare, submit clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper
- Answer questions from consumers, clerical staff and insurance companies
- Identify and resolve consumer billing complaints
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments
- Prepare, review, and send patient statements
- Evaluate consumer’s financial status and establish budget payment plans
- Review accounts for possible assignment and make recommendations to the Billing Supervisor
- Perform various collection actions including contacting consumers by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
High School Diploma or higher level of education
Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, ER Software
Proficiency with numbers and processing of financial information
Proven experience as a billing specialist
High degree of attention to detail, ability to work independently and as a team member
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.