We are seeking a Family Support Worker for our Healthy Families Program located in our Toms River office. This is a full time position and includes a full benefits package.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a regular and long-term relationship with the family.
- FSW will outreach families referred through Central Intake or a Service Provider.
- FSW will utilize a standardized screening tool to determine eligibility for home visitation services.
- Activity will occur primarily in the participant’s home; each visit should last for at least one hour.
- Establish a trusting relationship.
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment.
- Assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship.
- Identify and refer to other supportive agencies, including healthcare appointments.
- Believes in and advocates for nurturing, nonviolent discipline of children.
- Enter/maintain data entry of client information into databases.
- Knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships.
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent plus 2 years of experience working with children age 0 – 3 years, and families. OR a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: Jobs@preferredbehavioral.org