Summary of Position:
APN Is responsible for providing psychiatric assessment, treatment, psychopharmacology, and evaluation based on professional knowledge in a safe environment to all the consumers in the program.
This position is full time (35 hours/week) and includes 1 evening per week. Full benefit package available.
- Completes psychiatric evaluations and assessments on all consumers assigned to the program.
- Complete medication evaluation and prescribes medications based on standard of practice in congruence with consumers needs.
- Educate consumers about the medications prescribed to promote safe and effective use ensuring client comprehension and addressing barriers to medication use.
- Complete a medication consent form for each consumer prescribed medications ensuring the client has signed same.
- Participates in plan of care (comprehensive service plan) and plan of care review meetings and signs same.
- Documents in chart all patient contact including phone calls to or from patients, pharmacies, family members and outside agencies if appropriate consent to release information is signed.
- Participates in staff meetings and clinical case conferences as needed.
- Signs all intake assessments on the electronic record.
- Assists in psychiatric coverage for the agency as needed.
- Meet with program psychiatrist to receive weekly clinical oversight and supervision.
- Meets with consumers who have already been admitted to the program and that have been psychiatrically hospitalized within 30 days post discharge.
- Facilitates weekly consumer psycho education groups.
- Meets with pharmaceutical representatives as needed to secure samples for consumers.
- Assists in completion of pharmaceutical assistance application for needy patients without insurance.
- Attends one conference or online study as mandated by licensure requirements.
- Assist in the completion of welfare, disability and medical leave documentation.
- Must maintain CPR certification
- Board Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as required by the state of New Jersey.
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
Apply at: email@example.com