The position of a Prevention Specialist (PS) is primarily that of an educator in the areas of substance use, violence prevention, life skills and other topics as the need is determined. The PS plans, coordinates and facilitates multi-session evidence-based and best practice curricula and programs by coordinating with school personnel and other community agencies. The PS must participate in weekend/night programming/activities as needed/assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license and a legally licensed vehicle with insurance for driving to and from programs and events.
- BS/BA degree with 1-3 years related experience and/or training
- Certified Prevention Specialist certification not required but a plus
- Familiarity with MS Office, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts including percentages.
· Facilitates prevention curricula/programs throughout Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
Maintains records of attendance, sign-in/out sheets, medical forms, emergency sheets, permission slips, accident/incident reports, program evaluations, and equipment inventory.
· Implements the daily program by providing snack, following daily schedules, creating group activities and lesson plans.
· Communicates effectively with parents, school staff and supervisors as required.
· Inspects and maintains facilities and equipment for safety purposes prior to each activity.
· Responsible for administering basic first aid and submitting accident/incident reports when necessary.
· Informs parents and school personnel of weekly calendar of events and any other vital information.
· Is responsible for the safety, accountability of students in the program.
· Will obtain working knowledge of ATOD and violence prevention programs and resources offered by PBHG.
· Facilitates lessons in the absence of other assigned staff.
· Prepares and submits timely programmatic reports to supervisor, which includes collecting and organizing data for statistical reports.
· Participates in trainings, meetings, activities and events as requested.
· Positively represents the Program at various functions, health fairs, meetings, etc., and assists in preparing for each.
· Supports the Prevention Coalition of Monmouth County goals, objectives and activities.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org