Summary of Position: The Certified Community Health Care Clinic Case Manager provides community-based outreach to link or re-link clients to services needed and provide support through recovery goals that prevent risk of hospitalization or re-hospitalization. The Case Manager shall possess knowledge in formal/informal community systems and resources.
- Link to appropriate care and resources in the community including resources that address specialized needs, such as agencies providing services related to chronic and acute health problems and problems stemming from involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Provide timely documentation into client’s clinical records noting any therapeutic participation, responses to CCBHC interventions, client advocacy and service coordination.
- Provide case management services to ensure that individuals are both informed about and able to access the full range of medical and treatment opportunities or other support services, such as legal, financial, educational, vocational, or employment counseling, that may be available to them at the time the individual chooses to use them.
- Provide motivational enhancement strategies to encourage individuals to utilize services that would assist them in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Assess case management needs and provide interventions that are timely and appropriate.
- Outreach “high risk” clients within 24 hours and “at risk” clients within 48 hours of case assignment.
- Participate in NOMS training as assigned by Project Director.
- Advocate on behalf of all individuals within and outside of the PBHG organization.
- Engage new persons served into the program and re-engage persons who have decreased their participation.
- Actively seek supervision to discuss pertinent clinical issues and intervention strategies to foster consistency and enhance progress toward wellness for all individuals served.
- Act as a liaison and provides community linkages, advocacy and referral sources for persons served.
- Facilitate Illness Management and Relapse Prevention groups as needed.
- Communicate with families and other individuals within the client’s support network when appropriate to assist in wellness planning.
- Seeks immediate consultation with clinical leadership if client exhibits danger to self or others.
- Coordinates or assists with crisis intervention and stabilization services with senior clinical support.
- Maintains required CPR, Handle with Care, and first aid education/certification.
Qualifications Needed: Bachelor’s Degree and/or CADC/LCADC, or substance use related experience.
Apply to: email@example.com