Preferred Behavioral Health requires all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be considered.
Summary of Position: The Accountant is a member of the Finance department and provides general accounting support to the organization. Responsibilities include preparing journal entries, providing and maintaining support for balance sheet schedules, assisting with monthly/year-end closings, account analysis, and supporting the Finance department in carrying out other responsibilities of the department.
· A Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred with at least three years of accounting experience, preferably in public or non-profit accounting.
· Candidates with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and appropriate experience and skill sets will also be considered.
· High level of proficiency in the use of office software (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook) is required. Ability to quickly learn software specific to the department, including software upgrades and changes.
· Strong written and oral communications skills. Ability to engage in clear and ongoing communications with staff.
· Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail are required.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills, and ability to resolves problems creatively and logically.
• Prepare journal entries for month-end/year-end close including recurring entries, allocations and reclassifications.
• Balance sheet reconciliation and follow up on any open issues
• Prepare and ensures accuracy of cost reports for funding agencies
• Prepare monthly invoices to funding agencies
• Assist with preparation of budgets
• Review all bank accounts reconciliations
• Assist with year-end Audit
• Contribute and participate in tasks and special projects as assigned
Apply to: email@example.com