Preferred Behavioral Health Group requires all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be considered.
Summary of Position: Management in a team-oriented process of 10-15 staff and 3-7 consumers in a residential setting; possible oversight of more than one facility. Group Home Specialists are viewed as essential personnel in states of emergency.
Requirements: One year of experience in a residential mental health setting AND Bachelor’s Degree in related field; OR Associate’s Degree and two years of related work or life experience, OR LPN and two years of related work or life experience, OR High School diploma and four years of work or life experience. Valid NJ Driver’s License required.
- Program administration, staff development and training; staff supervision and direction;
- Inter-agency coordination;
- Program development and implementation;
- Specialist will demonstrate proficiency in AMHR, WRAP and IMR;
- Facility management;
- Quality assurance;
- Ensure participation and completion of the Intake process, comprehensive service plan, discharge plan and any other behavioral modification plan;
- Individual counseling;
- Crisis intervention services (calling clinical on-call, police, emergency services);
- Residential support for staff 24 hours a day;
- Provides 24 hour staff coverage for residence, (for Level A homes – ensures 24-hour staff availability), including replacement of staff in an emergent situation; includes scheduling time off for staff;
- Review and sign-off on staff time sheets;
- Coordinates safety monitoring sheet, sanitation reports and all other pertinent documentation;
- Reviews Fire Drill and Disaster Drill Forms for accuracy and completion, and ensures documentation meets DMHS regulations;
- Ensures facility cleanliness and keeps track of maintenance requirements;
- Oversees staff involvement with consumer(s); ensures for safe therapeutic boundaries;
- Checks for timeliness of required staff paperwork;
- Ensures new hires meet qualifications of position and views related documentation;
- Facilitates new staff’s department specific orientation;
- Coordinates with psychiatric hospital for placement of new consumers into community and appropriate discharge;
- Must maintain required CPR, Handle With Care and first aid education/certification.
- Ensures all staff supervised meet regulatory standards for training and required credentials.
Supervisory Responsibilities and On-Call Duties
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org