The Clinical Care Coordinator (CCC) facilitates the delivery of high quality, integrated care between external and internal providers and programs. The CCC is responsible for ensuring seamless service delivery to all outpatient clients. The CCC is an ambassador of customer service, possessing the ability to problem solve in a face-paced environment. CCCs have strong organization and time management skills and can communicate and work effectively with a team across multiple locations. Bilingual in Spanish is always a plus.
- Serves as liaison between clients and PBHG.
- Responds to client’s questions and complaints in an accurate, timely, and courteous manner.
- Schedules Psychiatric Evaluation appointments for assigned provider(s).
- Updates Consent for Treatment annually in clinical records.
- Facilitates coordination of service provision.
- Collaborates with Prescriber and Primary Therapist as necessary regarding compliance/noncompliance with treatment and management of medication.
- Schedules Individual Therapy sessions for Clinicians, as needed
- Ensures that insurance/payer authorizations and related financial forms for new clients are completed and accurate, as requested by billing department.
- Demonstrates proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Performs job responsibility with a minimum supervision
- Creativity/problem solving. Has good ideas and solutions and will seek out assistance when needed
- Completes timely and evidenced based documentation to departmental and agency standards
- Knowledge of privacy laws
- Education BA in human services field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related discipline
- One (1) year of experience providing behavioral health services in a community setting.
If you are looking to make an impact by helping others, then Preferred Behavioral Health Group is the place for you! By joining our award-winning team, you will be part of the premier behavioral health organization in Monmouth and Ocean counties; a dynamic and innovative non-profit that was proudly named “Outstanding Employer of the Year” by the New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA). We are a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, and our mission is to deliver quality and compassionate behavioral health services to individuals and families through a Trauma Informed Care philosophy and approach. Our staff is at the core of everything we do. We are dedicated to building a diverse team, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions. We encourage and embrace staff development and growth. If you are ready for an exciting and rewarding career, please submit your resume.
Preferred Behavioral Health Group requires all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be considered.
Send resume to: email@example.com