Summary of Position:
Observe and assist 3-7 consumers in a residential setting, with ongoing counseling for mental health services. All residential group home counselors are viewed as essential personnel in states of emergency and need to comply with work schedules accordingly.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS!
- On-site services and support;
- Communicating observations and information about the consumer to the program specialist and team;
- Counselor will demonstrate proficiency in AMHR, WRAP and IMR;
- Supervising, organizing and supporting recreational and/or socialization activities;
- Resident counseling
- Crisis intervention services, with ability to call police, outreach and ambulance services
- Participation in the development of the brief visit process, treatment service plan, discharge plan, or any other behavioral modification plan;
- Participation in individual service, coordinating activities such as medical, mental, health and community services;
- Documenting observations, information and services provided to the consumer in daily shift notes, weekly progress notes, or any other emergent documentation needed;
- Assists with facility clean-up when needed;
- Supervise medication self-administration by the consumer, and has a working knowledge of medications and side effects;
- Outreach family members when applicable, give support and education;
- Spends majority of shift with consumer(s);
- On-going communication with specialist regarding consumers and exhibited behaviors;
- Must maintain required CPR, Handle With Care and first aid education/certification;
- Monitors life safety needs and participates in/provides documentation of Fire Drills, Fire Equipment Inspections, AED Inspections, Disaster Drills, Vehicle Safety Reports, Monthly Sanitation Reports, First Aid Supplies, Daily Refrigerator and Freezer Temperature Forms, Weekly Dishwasher and Weekly Food Temperature Forms;
- Must exercise flexibility as needed with reassignment to other group home to comply with consumer census policy and staff shortages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field OR Associate’s degree and 2 years of related work or life experience OR LPN and 2 years of related work or life experience OR High School diploma and 4 years of work or life experience.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License
- Per Diem employees must work a minimum of 4 shifts per month to maintain active status
Apply to: Jobs@preferredbehavioral.org