Summary: The Employment Specialist assists clients in choosing, getting and keeping a job. Assists the client with job readiness and job-seeking skills such as interviewing, job search, applications, seeking other services and resources as needed for the client. Provides job coaching and community skills such as time management, public transportation, money management and job literacy skills.
- The Employment Specialist assists our clients in choosing, getting and keeping a job.
- Performs the role of case manager offering guidance and support with job seeking skills including interviewing and applications. Seeks other services and resources as needed. Provides job coaching and MH supports.
- Knowledge of work practices such as environmental preference, safety, entitlements, etc.
- Provides timely and effective advocacy, consultation, service coordination, evaluation, written reports, and contacts to community resources and related professionals as required by PBHG standards and consumer needs. Works with Team to determine placements for SE clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Effectively uses outreach to engage consumers into program
- Performs job responsibility with a minimum supervision
- Creativity/problem solving. Has good ideas and solutions and will seek out assistance when needed
- Completes timely and evidenced based documentation to departmental and agency standards.
- Education BA in human services or AA plus 2 years
- Experience in providing human services or 5 years human service experience
- Valid NJ Driver’s License-Good Driving Record Good Driving Record
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, such as Vision Insurance, Aflac, Pet Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
If you are looking to make an impact by helping others, then Preferred Behavioral Health Group is the place for you! By joining our award-winning team, you will be part of the premier behavioral health organization in Monmouth and Ocean counties; a dynamic and innovative non-profit that was proudly named “Outstanding Employer of the Year” by the New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA). We are a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, and our mission is to deliver quality and compassionate behavioral health services to individuals and families through a Trauma Informed Care philosophy and approach. Our staff is at the core of everything we do. We are dedicated to building a diverse team, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions. We encourage and embrace staff development and growth. If you are ready for an exciting and rewarding career, please submit your resume.
Preferred Behavioral Health Group requires all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be considered.