Provide psychiatric assessment, treatment, and follow up care to outpatients and assist and guide the clinical staff involved with the care of patients.
- Demonstrates familiarity about psychotropic medication use, side effects and indications for psychiatric intervention.
- Prescribe and order laboratory tests when indicated. Review and act if necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge about the natural history of chemical dependence.
- Sign off on the treatment plans of consumers in which psychiatrist is the doctor of record with appropriate additions, deletions, etc. when indicated.
- All policies and procedures related to pharmacotherapy and medication monitoring shall be implemented consistent with federal, state, or provincial laws and licensure requirements.
- Coordinate care and provide consultation if need be with therapists assigned to the consumer.
- Responds to medical emergencies on site as needed.
- Provide consultation and supervision to staff regarding patients when needed.
- Assist case manager in preparing correspondence related to patients to outside agencies and sign off on those.
- Paid CME days and license certification.
- Faculty appointment at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine; resident supervision.
- No call coverage for overnight, weekends or holidays.
- Flexible scheduling with mixed telepsychiatry model.
- Proficient written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Collaborate with persons served in full spectrum of diagnosis disorders.
- Coordinate care with other medical professionals involved in the care of patients when indicated.
- Ongoing training and education shall be a priority of pharmacotherapy professionals.
Education: Board Certified or Board Eligible in psychiatry as per the requirements of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Experience: 1-year post graduation and some experience working with adults and children with mental illnesses.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, such as Vision Insurance, Aflac, Pet Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
If you are looking to make an impact by helping others, then Preferred Behavioral Health Group is the place for you! By joining our award-winning team, you will be part of the premier behavioral health organization in Monmouth and Ocean counties; a dynamic and innovative non-profit that was proudly named “Outstanding Employer of the Year” by the New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA). We are a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, and our mission is to deliver quality and compassionate behavioral health services to individuals and families through a Trauma Informed Care philosophy and approach. Our staff is at the core of everything we do. We are dedicated to building a diverse team, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions. We encourage and embrace staff development and growth. If you are ready for an exciting and rewarding career, please submit your resume.
Preferred Behavioral Health Group requires all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be considered.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org